I just met with my friend, Daniel who recently completed a successful Job Search.
Daniel is in the high tech industry in Austin, Texas and offers some great insights on how he landed a great job.
- No Job is Safe
- Complacency and Comfort in a role can lead to becoming irrelevant
- The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni
- When a manager or company shows you what their like, BELIEVE THEM!
- Hustling for worth and validation is a clear indication that it’s time to leave
- Working for a verbally abusive boss is not Ok…LEAVE
- BONUS: Take the time to heal
- Build your confidence by doing volunteer work or something you enjoy while in “job search” mode
- You are good enough as you are. You deserve to be respected.
Here are some resources you may find helpful during your search:
- The Joy of the Journey
- 48 Days to the Work You Love
- The Human Workplace
- How to write a Pain Letter
- How to write a Human Voice Resume
- City Business Journals (Use this as a resource to target companies)
- The Ultimate Executive Career Guide
Make sure to give your spouse a hug and be encouraged these Words of Hope from God’s Living Word.